Monday, January 26, 2009

Prayer

Yesterday during the wee hours, I sat on my bed rubbing Nathan's back to soothe him back to sleep. It had been a restless night for him. He had been struggling to breathe all night. He seemed to settle down and then I heard him offer a prayer. While I couldn't understand every word, I definately knew he was praying when he closed with a loud, "Amen." I was thinking how sweet it was that he was praying in his sleep when he blurted, "I said, 'Amen.'" I quickly said, "Amen." His face relaxed as he returned to a restful slumber. How blessed I am to be reminded what a wonderful gift prayer truly is and how a young child's faith in Prayer's power is answered.

2 comments:

ZAC said...

That is SO cute and funny! And I'm sorry to hear he was sick. Poor little guy. What a good mommy. How do we do it? Sleepless nights with little kids to care for the next day. You are awesome jodi!

Michelle M said...

This is precious. We've recently gotten Dayton to repeat after us during our family prayer, and I love it!