Wednesday, January 7, 2009

After Christmas Blessings

On December 26th, I received the most amazing gift. My loving friend, Anabel, came over with her adult children to make me some applesauce. After two hours of their hard work I have a whole shelf in my pantry filled with jars of her amazing home-made applesauce. I'm not sure how I became the beneficiary of this beloved gift, but I am humbly grateful. I also got a bonus prize as they played my new favorite game "Quiddler" with me. I have to admit I had been feeling a little blue about Christmas without my family to play games with and then she cheered me up by lending me hers.

Rilla was blessed on January 29th. We blessed her at home with some family & friends. It was a special and beautiful evening.

Noah celebrated another unforgettable birthday. Grandma was here for the festivities which made it extra special. The Kelly family came for dinner and stayed for games. Cousins are wonderful! He & I are both extremely happy that he finished his Weeblos and Arrow of Light!

After Santa left me feeling a bit overlooked this Christmas, my dear husband cheered me up by making me a beautiful mail-box. He even painted it. It is true that the best gifts are labors of love.

1 comment:

Michelle M said...

I didn't know you could do a baby blessing at home! How fun.

And I love the new mailbox. Way to go Ray.