Monday, February 9, 2009

Self-Absorbed

In college I had a teacher whom requested that anyone who was 18 or 19 stand up. She then proceeded to compare us to toddlers: completely self-absorbed and believing the world revolves around them. Since I was one of the 18 year olds I was completely offended. Nevertheless as I continue to age I realize she was right in her assertion.
At church yesterday Nathan became unreasonably loud. I patiently held his face in my hands and begged him to look up to the front to see the speaker. I then explained that all of the other people in the chapel were trying to sit quietly to see and hear that speaker and we should do our best to sit quietly so everyone could hear. Nathan, however, retorted, "No, Mama, they are all here to look at me!"

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is so funny! People love watching Nathan at church because he's so dang cute!

ZAC said...

Oh, what a ham! You will have your hand fuller than they already are, huh? I love the story about your teacher. I sometimes daydream of the good old self-absorbed days...