Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday America!



Our July 4th Celebration began early in the morning to watch the annual parade.



What is better than watching a parade? Being invited to participate in the parade by firing a cannon!

After a quick lunch we spent the afternoon swimming in the public pool, followed by a picnic in the canyon for dinner. The day ended with fireworks and ice cream. My feelings for this holiday are best described through Elizabeth's comment, "Mom, I love this holiday! I think it is my very favorite one. There is no stress. There is no over-planning. It is just a day to enjoy!"



My little Miss America!

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, although nobody really does much in Phoenix. I love fireworks! You guys all look so patriotic and cute.

Michelle M said...

Did you make your family's outfits! Cute!

ZAC said...

Little Miss America is SO healthy looking! Good job mommy. I sure miss those Provo parades.

Unknown said...

Michelle, We found the t-shirt ideas in Family Fun magazine. I made Rilla's & the kids made the rest of them (even mine). I did make the shorts & skirts. It's become a tradition...Nate was upset that he didn't get star pants & kept taking Rilla's skirt...next year I'll have to make some special pants for him too:)