Sunday, July 26, 2009

Carillon Concert



Every year as part of the Freedom Festival there is a free Carillon Concert one night in June. For the past 7 years I would forget to go. I would be upset at myself for missing it and then recommit to myself to get us there the next year. We finally went this summer, June 17th , 2009. It was so nice to take a picnic and eat on the lawn under the bell tower while listening to beautiful music. I enjoyed watching all of my children play together. They could run, roll down the hills, visit the ducks in the canal, and talk/laugh/scream and it didn't interfere with anyone's enjoyment of the music. In fact it was lovely to sit and watch many other families doing similar things as mine. I absolutely love activities like this! I felt closer to my family, my neighborhood, & my country all at once. Next year I will be there!



No comments: