Sunday, February 21, 2010

Versatility of Oatmeal


I do not know how Rilla ended up with Nathan's bowl of oatmeal. Nor do I know how it ended upstairs. I do know that she had a wonderful time spreading it all over the floor and herself and then had fun sliding around in it. I also know that she enjoyed eating some as she went. What I am most happiest about however, is that I have grown as a mom. If this had been Elizabeth I probably would have started crying especially since I'd just mopped the floor. Instead, all I wanted was to find my camera and make sure she'd stay put until I could take her picture :) And, I figure an oatmeal bath must be good for her skin :)

2 comments:

Michelle M said...

I haven't been a mom for as long as you, but I feel like I've changed some perspectives as well. Now when the kids make a mess or ruin things, I just say "oops." Or when they want to get dirty in clean clothes, I say sure and just wash the clothes later. I used to freak out over messes.

Unknown said...

You are much wiser than me:)